I feel for a lot of you out there. For a lot of you snow is still coming down and you can’t even begin to think about planting seeds.
In Arizona, we are quite the opposite right now. We are in the height of growing season and during March we PACKED IN the outdoor activities. Trips to the zoo, picnics at the park, backyard playtime and evening walks were just some of the ways we enjoyed our beautiful weather.
Air conditioning was turned on a couple times for the first time this year and the warmth of summer was brought back to our minds a few times. But overall, it was a beautiful, full month.
I want to take a few moments to introduce you to some of the amazing content I found around the internet this month:
When I find some good posts that will fit with my homesteading community, I love to take the time to share them with you.
- Kirstin over at Live Simply loves her chickens and she wrote a great post on questions to ask before getting chickens – http://livesimply.me/2014/03/19/three-questions-getting-chickens/ .
- Even if you don’t have a green thumb, Kris from Attainable Sustainable has written up a list of the easiest vegetables to grow – http://www.attainable-sustainable.net/easiest-vegetables/ . Fail proof I tell ya!
- Sometimes I feel like Cortney, from the Daily Pea, and I write the same blog! We are both mothers to young children and we are trying to live as naturally as possible. I really liked her recent post on starting seeds indoors – http://www.dailypea.com/starting-seeds-indoors-what-to-do-when-they-sprout .
- Who DOESN’T need more salads in their life? Great round-up post on 30 days of delicious salads – http://homegrownandhealthy.com/30-days-of-delicious-salads/ from Aubrey of Homegrown & Healthy.
- Balsamic strawberry black pepper jam – http://www.realfoodgirlunmodified.com/balsamic-strawberry-jam/ ??? Yes Please! Via Real Food Girl Unmodified
- I’ve been craving fruit salad lately, so this nutty fruit salad recipe – http://theskinnypear.com/nutty-fruit-salad/ from Joyce of the Skinny Pear was perfect!
- I love all lemon desserts and sweet treats. When Sarah of Real Food Outlaws posted a recipe for this Grain Free Lemon Medeira cake – http://realfoodoutlaws.com/grain-free-lemon-medeira-cake/ , I was sold.
- Another great post from Cortney of the Daily Pea, a recipe for Bosc Pear Bread – http://www.dailypea.com/bosc-pear-bread-refined-sugar-free . Yum!
- I’ve always suffered from dry, brittle hair. I was excited to see this post from Scratch Mommy on how to make a DIY Hair Oil – http://www.scratchmommy.com/nourishing-diy-hair-oil-no-more-dry-brittle-hair/ .
- A spring cleaning checklist – http://wegotreal.com/spring-cleaning-checklist-homemade-cleaners/ is just what I needed this month. I loved the one posted by Tara of We Got Real.
- I’ve been trying to use more essential oils in my daily life and thought this idea from Hayley of Health Starts in the Kitchen for a Homemade Reed Diffuser – http://www.healthstartsinthekitchen.com/2014/03/24/non-toxic-air-fresheners-homemade-reed-diffusers/ was amazing!
Standard, legally required, Endorsement Disclosure: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.