Welcome to our little corner of the internet.
Five Little Homesteaders tells the story of our urban homesteading adventures with our various chickens and our three, young children. On this blog, we hope inspire people to challenge the mainstream way of thinking about food production, consumption, health sustainability, and self sufficiency.
We live in the heart of downtown Phoenix, on a .15 acre lot. Our goals as urban homesteaders are to:
- produce as much of our own food as possible.
- teach and show our children about where our food comes from.
- be good stewards of the earth.
- cook mostly from scratch, using whole food ingredients.
- prepare ourselves to be as self sufficient as possible.
- simplify our daily lives through less screen time, more togetherness and less “stuff.”
Thanks for stopping by. I’m so glad you’re here.