As many of you know, I had a baby (our fourth) not too long ago – 4 months to be exact.
I don’t have to tell most of you that babies are a lot of work, as is homesteading – even of the urban variety. I’m embarrassed to admit how little I gardened during my pregnancy, but now that the baby is here, I’m ready to get back at it in a serious way. So, when I was given the opportunity to test out the Levana Ayden Baby Video Monitor – http://mylevana.com/product/Ayden_3_5_Digital_Video_Baby_Monitor.eng-164.html , I jumped at the chance. I was certain that a video monitor would help me get more done in the garden knowing that my baby is safe and I was right. Read on to learn more about the Ayden Baby Monitor – http://mylevana.com/product/Ayden_3_5_Digital_Video_Baby_Monitor.eng-164.html , enter for a chance to win one of three monitors and learn what other items help me get my gardening done while also taking care of our new little one.
Top 5 Baby Items for Gardening Mamas
First and foremost, here’s my little peanut:
Cutie, right? I’m not exactly impartial but I think she’s adorable. Problem is, she’s also a handful and keeps me from getting everything done that I need to do to make sure we have fresh vegetables on the table. So, it is essential that I use naptime as productively as possible and when she’s not napping, that I keep her safe and near while in the garden.
With those things in mind, here’s what I think the top 5 items any gardening mama should have:
1. A bonnet or other type of sun hat – Three of my four children have been born with incredibly fair skin, just like their daddy. A sun hat or bonnet is a necessity.
2. Baby Carrier – Some type of baby carrier (i.e. ring sling, soft-structured carrier, etc.) is an absolute must for the busy, homesteading mama. Being carried, or “worn”, is a simple way to keep the baby happy and it lets mama keep her hands free and feet moving.
3. Moveable baby chair, bouncy seat or standing activity center – Not all activities in the garden or on the homestead are safe to be done while baby is being held or worn. For those times, a place to safely put baby is essential. The nice thing about most chairs, bouncy seats or activity centers is that you can move it around the garden with you, continue to talk/interact with baby and get your work done at the same time. Brilliant.
4. Swaddle Blanket – It took me until my fourth child to really appreciate the swaddle but now I do – a swaddled baby is (generally) a happy baby and a happy baby sleeps longer, thus allowing mom to get more done.
5. Baby Video Monitor – I did not have a video monitor until this fourth baby when the nice people of Levana – http://mylevana.com/product/Ayden_3_5_Digital_Video_Baby_Monitor.eng-164.html offered to send me one to try out and since it arrived, I’ve been amazed. The Ayden Video Monitor – http://mylevana.com/product/Ayden_3_5_Digital_Video_Baby_Monitor.eng-164.html has allowed me to hang out in the garden, in the backyard and check in with the baby without going inside a million times. My productivity has gone through the roof. Naptime is now the time of day that I get the most done and doesn’t mean I’m constantly standing at the bottom of the stairs to listen for her crying/fussing.
I’ve been particularly impressed with all the features of the Levana monitor – http://mylevana.com/product/Ayden_3_5_Digital_Video_Baby_Monitor.eng-164.html . I had no idea how innovative monitors have become. Features include:
- 48 hour battery life
- temperature monitoring
- night vision
- color video
- two-way intercom which allows you to talk to your baby
- 3 lullabies that you can control remotely and more.
And what’s the best news? You can enter for the opportunity to win one of three video monitors that Levana – http://mylevana.com/product/Ayden_3_5_Digital_Video_Baby_Monitor.eng-164.html is giving away. Enter by completing the items on the Rafflecopter widget below. Not trusting your odds of winning and want to buy one now? Click the “buy it now” button above and go for it. You’ll thank me.
a Rafflecopter giveaway – http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/046eaee7212/
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Levana. The opinions and text are all mine.
Standard, legally required, Endorsement Disclosure: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.