Before having kids, my husband and I LOVED to eat out during the holidays. (To be fair….we have always loved to eat out…. but it seems especially nice during the holidays.)
However, since having kids, eating out has become…well…ummm….interesting? Creative? Hard?
Also, as our family has grown, so has my desire to make sure I know exactly what is in the food we are eating. If you’ve been around this blog for any length of time, then you know we’ve been on a real food “journey,” if you will. All of these factors have resulted in less eating out and more eating “in” – more cooking at home, from scratch. This means I often like to recreate some of our favorite restaurant dishes at home. This is especially true during the holidays when we have guests or are just feeling particularly festive.
One of my favorite recipes is for brucshetta. It’s pretty easy to make and definitely delicious. Given that it’s the holidays, it’s also great to make and share with family, friends and house guests. Read on for the recipe and a chance to win a holiday gift basket full of delicious food!
Olive and Roasted Red Pepper Bruschetta
1 loaf Italian bread
Mezzetta Savory Garlic Spread – http://ooh.li/90a55e0 (click here to learn more)
Roasted Red Peppers – http://ooh.li/90a55e0
Kalamata Olives – http://ooh.li/90a55e0
1. Heat oven to 425.
2. Slice Italian loaf into 1/2 inch slices. Brush both sides with Olive oil.
3. Toast bread in the oven. 5 minutes on one side, turn and toast for 2 more minutes.
4. While bread is toasting, coarsely chop the olives – http://ooh.li/90a55e0 and peppers – http://ooh.li/90a55e0 . Grate the cheese.
5. Take bread out and top liberally with Savory Garlic Spread.
6. Top with olives – http://ooh.li/90a55e0 and red peppers – http://ooh.li/90a55e0 . Sprinkle with cheese.
7. Turn on the broiler and place topped bread under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until cheese is just melted.
8. Serve warm.
Mezzetta Memories Holiday Gift Basket Giveaway
So, this post isn’t just awesome because I’ve shared a yummy recipe. I’m also giving you the opportunity to win a Holiday Gift Basket from Mezzetta. Here’s how to enter:
1. Click here to be taken to the Mezzetta Giveaway page.
2. Make sure you click all the way through and get your .50 off coupon for one Mezzetta product.
3. Come back everyday to enter – http://ooh.li/90a55e0 . (Mezzetta is giving away one gift basket everyday during December!)
(P.S. Here’s what the gift basket looks like! Awesome, right?)
Today’s post is sponsored by Mezzetta, by my love for their delicious snacks is all my own!
Standard, legally required, Endorsement Disclosure: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.