I know you guys love a good giveaway. I mean…. come on! I do too!
The giveaway that I’m starting today is amazing for several reasons:
- As a soil drench, DiRT M.D. will help prepare your gardens and beds for spring planting. I know you are all looking forward to getting your gardens started!
- Used as a foliar feed later in the season, this product may help produce healthier plants and accelerated growth.
- Ocean Agro LLC (the company that manufactures DiRT M.D) has been kind enough to offer 11 chances for readers to win. They will be giving away 1 large bottle of DiRT MD and 10 individual use pouches.
I was lucky enough to get to try DiRT MD for myself prior to hosting this giveaway and I must say, I was impressed. I used it as a foliar feed on fava beans, broccoli and cauliflower. The product was incredibly easy to use and left me with happy, green plants that produced beautifully.
DiRT MD is a tried and true product used in both large and small scale farming. It is a concentrated liquid that can be used as a soil drench, foliar feed or used when propagating cuttings. It is a 4.5% Humic Acid product that may increase micronutrient uptake of plants and increase their yield when applied correctly.
From the Ocean Agro LLC site:
Humic acid is the end result of decomposing organic matter. Essentially, it is compost that is broken down by bacteria and other organisms. Humic acid is not a fertilizer like nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium (NPK) but rather a soil component that has a positive effect on overall health through a variety of mechanisms. One of the ways in which humic acids enhance the soil to provide an effective growing environment is by increasing surface water penetration, infiltration, and soil water-holding capacity. Additionally, humic acids also buffer plants from overly high concentrations of fertilizer salts, increase germination rates, and promotes more fibrous root growth. Finally, Humic acids increase the availability of micronutrients, phosphorus, and potassium and retains nutrient ions, which prevents leaching. By adding this type of product to a fertilizer mix, plants are more able to use NPK effectively.
Essentially, it is another tool in our tool belt for those of us hoping to feed our families off our land.
Here’s How You Enter:
1. Check out the DiRT MD website here and leave a blog comment letting us know which plants you’d use it on if you win.
2. Give Ocean Agro LLC (the makers of DiRT MD) a “like” on Facebook.
3. Confirm your entries in the Rafflecopter widget below.
(Can’t wait to see if you win!? You can buy DiRT MD from the Ocean Agro LLC site by clicking here. Plus, you get free shipping!)
Disclaimer: Ocean Agro LLC provided me with a free sample of this product to review. However, I wasn’t under any obligation to write a positive review in return for the free product. They are also providing the giveaway products to 11 readers free of charge.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
A winner will be chosen via random.org. This giveaway ends at 11:59PM on Sunday, March 10th, 2014. The winner will be contacted by email, and will have 48 hours to respond. There is no purchase necessary to win. This giveaway is open to US residents