I came to my love for maple syrup later in life.
It makes me sad, honestly. I wasted so many good years where I could have been eating maple syrup… but instead, I ate “table syrup” aka high fructose syrup aka YUCK.
And I have to admit this, because, well, there might be some of you out there like me who think you prefer table syrup over the real deal. But let me tell you, you don’t. Maple syrup is where it’s at. Give it a shot and I promise, it won’t disappoint. That said, the purpose of this post today is two fold:
- I’m giving you some links to 15+ AMAZING waffle and pancake recipes. (You’ll need these because you’ll want to test my theory that maple syrup is awesome, of course.)
- For the next week, I’m accepting entries in an AMAZING giveaway for 32 oz of Mohawk Valley Trading Company’s dark, robust maple syrup.
Benefits of Maple Syrup
Maple syrup is a natural, plant-based sweetener made from the sap of maple trees. It is packed with polyphenols, which are plant-based compounds that work like antioxidants and can provide anti-aging benefits. Maple Syrup also contains zinc, which can help prevent colds and other illnesses.
Recipes to Make and Pour Maple Syrup Over
Gingerbread Pancakes with Sauteed Pears
Grain-Free Maple Cinnamon Pancakes
Dairy-Free Pancakes with Almond Milk
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
French Toast with Berries
Soaked Gluten-Free Waffles
Nutty Banana Bread Pancakes
Paleo Banana Pancakes with Gelatin
Whole Wheat Cheese Waffles
Gluten-Free Buckwheat Pancakes
Crispy Paleo Waffles with a Caramel Maple Sauce
Acorn Pancakes with Bacon
Naturally Pink Pancakes
So, now you’ve got the recipes – let’s win 32 oz of dark, robust maple syrup!
You might recall the post I did recently about raw, buckwheat honey and how happy I was with the products sold by Mohawk Valley Trading Company. Well, I’m pleased to report that I am just as happy with the quality and taste of their maple syrup. Now, head on down to win some!
Here’s how you enter:
1. Click here to head over to Mohawk Valley Trading Co. and check out their maple syrup.
2. Leave a blog post comment letting me know what your favorite thing to eat with maple syrup is.
3. Confirm your entires in the rafflecopter widget below and unlock a couple more.
Disclaimer: Mohawk Valley Trading Company provided me with a free sample of these products to review. However, I wasn’t under any obligation to write a positive review in return for the free product. They are also providing the giveaway product to one reader free of charge.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
A winner will be chosen via random.org. This giveaway ends at 11:59PM on Sunday, March 2nd, 2014. The winner will be contacted by email, and will have 48 hours to respond. There is no purchase necessary to win. This giveaway is open to US residents