This week’s Thanksgiving with a Twist post takes on the traditional mashed potato in favor of its distant cousin, the smashed potato. I have to tell you people…… I have a new favorite in my house. Check it out.
Red Skin Potatoes
Olive Oil – http://amzn.to/19qPjgN
Salt – http://amzn.to/1a6neq5
Toppings (butter and sour cream is more traditional for Thanksgiving, but broccoli and cheese is pretty delicious….. you could also do chili and cheese…. the possibilities are endless to be honest.)
1. Place potatoes in a pot of water and cover with at least an inch of water.
2. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30-40 minutes. Potatoes should be tender and easily pierced with a fork.
3. Remove from the water, carefully dry with a towel and place on a cookie sheet.
4. Using a towel and the palm of your hand smash each potato by pressing lightly on the potato.
5. Drizzle each potato with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and bake in a 450 degree oven for 45 minutes.
6. Remove potatoes, top as desired and serve.
These may sound simple (and they are) but the roasting after boiling makes the texture and taste of these potatoes like no other. Try them out and let me know what you think.
Standard, legally required, Endorsement Disclosure: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.