I’m always looking for new ways to use my sourdough starter. So far, the homemade english muffins have been my favorite way to use it but these sourdough pancakes may be a close second.
Check out the recipe below and let me know if you give them a try.
For the Sponge
1 cup sourdough starter
1.5 cups warm water
2.5 cups flour
For the Batter
2/3 cup milk
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp melted butter
1. Mix all the ingredients for the sponge in a bowl.
2. Cover (I usually use a clean dish towel) and let stand over night.
In the Morning
1. Mix all the batter ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add to the sponge and stir well.
3. Let stand for five minutes.
4. Drop by 1/4 cups onto warmed griddle and cook as you would a regular pancake.
Standard, legally required, Endorsement Disclosure: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.